Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wow...it's been a while...again.

Hello bloggy world. I'm back...again. Let's see if this time I can stick around for a while. I guess the simple fact of the matter is that my life and my emotions have been all over the place. I'll try to get everything in some sort of order and catch you up as well as possible. :]

Deployment::
Well a lot of stuff has happened as far as deployment goes. Lots of firsts! I went through my first "Rivercity"- or lack of communication. It was different for every department but I went about two weeks without talking to my hubbers. I try so hard not to complain about things that go on during deployment because I know I'm not alone, and I know that it could be worse, but I do stick by the fact that this is my first rodeo and I'm feeling all of this for the first time. It was a wierd thing, not being able to talk to him. Plainly, it sucked, but I can also say that the first email I recieved from him had me literally jumping up and down and that was a great feeling. There have also been about ten million changes in the homecoming date. I think I finally hit that point that, the way I understand, everyone hits at some point. For a week or two I just felt like I couldn't deal anymore. On the homefront it was one thing after another, and while I wouldn't use the word depressed to describe how I felt, it was close. There was a lot of self-contemplation during that time, and while I still somedays feel like I'm in that slump, I'm doing a lot better now. I have to thank my amazing, supportive parents, and my Pele-wives for being there to get me through my rough patch. I could not have done it alone, that's for sure. Of course I owe a lot to my husband- he's been amazing. Distance makes the heart grow fonder- and that's a damn fact.

The dogs::
Well Willow is such a calm puppy now that she's a big sister. She's now officially 15 months old (she was born on our wedding day!) and maintaining her girlish figure at 11.5 lbs. Bailey, however, is going crazy and giving me trouble left and right, but is still a joy to have in the house. She's getting better as far as behavior, it just takes time. She's a whopping 15.4 lbs at8 months old, and she knows she's bigger than her sister. Poor Willow.

School::
Well I barely scraped by in my last two classes, with so much going on I just had a hard time. I don't feel too bad, though, I've made A's in all my classes up until now and I'll have the chance to step up my game next time around. I also went through a tough time mentally. Since I was a little girl, I knew what I wanted to do. The plan was to do 4 yrs at Texas State, graduate with a Bachelor's in Elementary Education, teach for a few years, get married, and have kids. But instead I started Texas state, met Hubbers, dropped out halfway through my second semester due to health problems, got married, moved to California and started online classes. I never went through that phase of not knowing what to do with my life. Until a few months ago. I'm torn between being a housewife, and eventually stay at home mother, and actually persuing a career in, well not teaching anymore, but paraprofessional education. I was also out of funds and stressed beyond belief. So I decided to take a break and take some time for myself. The other day, though, I received a letter of financial aid, some grants to cover at least two more rounds of classes. So I've decided to do two classes now, take a break when Hubbers gets home, and then take the other two. I'll go from there but why not get the education I can now. Especially when I need something to fill my days until he comes home, and am managing my stress much better.



On a random note, I have something exciting to share! I can't be to specific, but I can tell you that right now we are hovering around being half way through deployment! I never thought I'd make it this far, and now I know that he'll be home before I know it!

Anyways, that's about all I can think of to catch up on. Hopefully I'll be spending more time on here again!!


(( I just love this picture to sign off with!))

No comments:

Post a Comment