Saturday, July 24, 2010

What keeps me going on nights like tonight

So my computer, as of late, has been temperamental at best. I've discovered that HP's have a lifespan of about a year before one thing or another starts to crap out on you. For me, my battery has like zero charging power, my computer overheats and thus causes monitor problems as well as freezing and other various issues. So in the interest of backing up my info in an affordable manner, I'm going to put everything on flash drives, just in case. But there's no use in transferring stuff I don't need anymore, so I'm going through and getting rid of all the junk. I told you that to tell you this.

I'm going through all these photos, and of course a lot of them are getting to me tonight, memories I've made int he last year with my wonderful husband, the man I won't be seeing for a while. Strangely, this one is one that has really struck a chord.

This is freakin' adorable is it not? But it was about to get deleted, because as adorable as my little Willow-Pillow is, I have about a million pics of her doing stuff like this. And then when the little verification box popped up and blocked out my puppy's face, all I could see was that chunk of Hubbs' face that made it in the picture. And I saw his eyes. The way he's looking at me in this picture still stops me in my tracks.

I remember one night when we first started dating, we stayed at his sister's house for a game/movie night. His sister fell asleep on the couch, and the boys went out to talk. I headed to the bedroom we'd be staying in and started getting ready for sleep, putting on my PJ's and finding a movie to watch. My new boyfriend came in the room to let me know he'd only be a few more minutes, he and his sister's boy were having a really good talk. So I of course told him that was fine, I'd put in a movie and go ahead and go to sleep. I'm putting the movie in, and I turn around to reach for the remote and see him there still, standing in the doorway, just looking at me. With that very look in his eyes. When I ask if he's okay, he just says "Yeah, I just wanted to look at you for a few more seconds. I'm so lucky."


And on nights like tonight, I try to stick to one of my favorite quotes, and focus on what keeps me and Hubbs together, rather than what separates us. Those moments are what brought us together, they are the moments in which I feel like all is well in the world, and small moments that I swear I will never forget.

I guess I didn't need to share that, but I feel like it's important to notice little things like that. Like that is God's way of going "Hey, don't forget, everything is gonna be okay".

No comments:

Post a Comment