Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Findings

It finally feels like fall here in La Mesa. We are still getting our hot afternoons but nothing like it was, and the mornings are pleasant. That's great for the walks Willow and I take with my friend Emily and her pups Molly and Ellie. The view is great and I will post some pictures when I can steal them from Emily.
We tried to do a little decorating for Halloween, though it's a bit difficult with our balcony being blocked in by a tree. We did hang the old Keplar Pumpkin my dad and I made years and years ago, and a wreath on the door. We also decorated and carved our own pumpkins. Unfortunately the pumpkin we chose looked perfect on the outside but only took two days to rot so I never got a chance to get a picture of it. I do have pictures of our decorated baby pumpkins.


Our family pumpkns.



A sleepy Willow after I finished her pumpkin.

Last night I tried a new recipe, called Bacon Cheeseburger Upsidedown Pizza. I thought it was something Mike would definitely enjoy but I thought wrong, though that says nothing for how good the dish actually was. I'd say next time I could cut out the bacon and use a little less sauce, but I loved it and think it would be a great family meal.


The end result.

Today I notices our strawberries weren't going to last much longer so I wanted to use them all with something, so I searched for recipes. I ended up making a delicious strawberry bread.

2 comments:

  1. woohoo i'm your first follower! ha that bread looks so good! i love the pumkins, so cute =] ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the recipe that I used, it called for nuts but we didn't have any!!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Bread/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete