Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting ready for a long few weeks.



First I wanted to show everyone our first [succesful] jackolantern together!!

Mike will be going out to sea for another underway this week. That wasn't the original plan, but since the last week got messed up they have to be gone this week, and the next three. He does get to come home on weekends but his duty days kind of clash with those. Unfortunately he has duty on his birthday also, so he will be gone for over an extended period of time that week. I have to say this underway really snuck up on me and I am not in the right state of mind at all. I'm not so prepared as I was the last time but when we are done with this one, we don't have to worry about it again until deployment, and I KNOW that won't sneak up on us since I have plenty of time to prepare.
I also want to share a photo of my nephew and I, sort of together. This was his mom's idea and I thought it was really cool. Since we can't be together, this is our way of bonding when he goes over to my parents house for time with Gramma and Grampa.
Micah and Aunt Mikey

2 comments: