Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mikey's Best Banana Bread!!

I'm back!! I've had a hard time getting motivated to blog because I missed so much, and I just couldn't decide what to start up with again. But now, I've been blessed with a fabulous idea so I'm going to write a quick blog about it before the hubby makes me finish my homework!
The other day I made white chocolate chip cookies and banana bread to break in some new baking pans. The white chocolate chip cookies were good but nothing beyond average. The banana bread, however, was a shocker. I've never made a successful banana bread in my time. I did once make a strawberry banana bread that turned out fabulous, but I can't seem to replicate it. When I pulled this loaf out of the oven, it looked attrocious. I even took a picture to show you all how horrible it looked. I thought for sure it was dry, burnt, and trash material. But of course I wanted to see how horrible it tasted first. It was amazing! The center was moist and full of flavor. I think that the flavor was from the secret ingredient- white chocolate chips.

I modified this recipe from this one, http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Banana-Bread/Detail.aspx. All I did differently was add 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I also used half whole wheat flour and half white, but I am waiting to hear from Emily to see if that really mattered or not!
All in all it turned out wonderful, and I think the way it looks is just a fluke.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm i'm craving some now! ha too bad I don't have any white chocolate chips right now cause I have some bananas that could be used. I love the new look of the blog and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ma'am! I still have a slice or two if you want them!

    ReplyDelete