Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Strawberry Bread (finally!) and Apple Dumplings

Once, many moons ago, I created a wonderful strawberry bread that I told you about here. I've been wanting to make it again but I got careless and lost the recipe, never to find it again. Well after numerous attempts at making one just as tasty, I finally had a successful attempt. The thing that made this bread stand out was that it was crumbly on the outside and moist on the inside. I got the recipe here.

Today I realized that this pay period was shorter, since it's February. That means that when I went shopping, I got a lot of fruit to bake with over the pay period that was going to go bad if I didn't use it soon. So there's been a lot of baking. Emily lent me some of her Costco cookbooks a few weeks ago and I stole some recipes I thought I could work with. Today I made a really easy but delicious desert. These apple dumplings were simple but unique and oh so tasty.
 
Apple Dumplings::
2 granny smith apples
8 crescent rolls
Ground Cinnamon
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
2 tbs butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350*. Peel and core the apples, and cut them into fourths. Un-roll the crescent rolls and wrap one peice of apple in every one. Place in 8x8 baking pan. Next, mix sugar, butter, and orange juice together and bring to a boil. Take off heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over the rolls and bake for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the rolls are golden brown.

I swear this was the easiest and tastiest thing i've made. I also had Spaghetti with Butter and Parmesian from the same book, but I didn't exactly measure anything out so maybe next time I will post the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm I want to eat Frank's apple dumpling, but i'm being nice ha. I will be making that strawberry bread at somepoint.. when that will be who knows, but it will be made!
    Where is that picture up top on the right from? I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuhm I'm pretty sure it was Mission Beach, back in January. It was a walk down from where the sea lions were pupping.

    ReplyDelete