Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things are coming together

Well this blog has no actual significance, but it's something I'm happy about so I'm going to share.
When we first moved into our apartment complex, we loved it because it was a way out of our old living arrangements, which desperately needed to change! We started in a 2 bedroom apartment, with furniture we found on Craigslist or the cheapest stuff we could find at Wal Mart. I loved our first couch, it was sooo comfy and a pretty shade of brown, but for some reason Hubbers and I decided we should sell it to buy our friends' old couch. (This was all Hubbers' idea, but I don't like to point fingers). Eventually, we were tight on money and needed to downgrade. We couldn't find another complex with lower rent, so we switched to a 1 bedroom in the same complex. I wish we hadn't. If it weren't for the physical act of moving all our things, I'd beg Hubbers to switch back to a 2 bedroom. The layout in this place is FUNKY. And our particular apartment, definitely did not get the attention it needed after the last tenants. So for the longest time, I've hated it here. Nothing seemed to work and I just wanted out.
I don't feel that way anymore. It guess it's true that what is in the home is what makes it. I didn't feel that I had a comfy place I like to spend time with my family. After some upgrades, slowly through the months, Hubbers and I have really turned this place into a cozy home that fits us. It's safe to say I'm happy where I live. Here are some pics.

2 comments:

  1. i've never seen your bedroom clean before since i'm usally there after or before nap time haha. The curtains and the bedding go great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's because, even though the WHOLE house gets dirty pretty quickly, the bedroom becomes a disaster zone quickest. I think because we feel like we don't have to work too hard since we are the only ones ever in there lol. I bought the curtains and they were like 2 inches short length wise but if you pull it back right you can't tell lol.

    ReplyDelete