Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Great List for the Week- Why I love My Husband

This week is week two into my first deployment, my hubby's third. So perhaps it's not super great timing for our first wedding anniversarry. We knew he'd miss it when we picked the date, but it was more important to get married than to celebrate an anniversarry together. None the less, I'm very excited and also kinda sad that we aren't together to really celebrate an amazing first year, full of ups and downs, and a billion first-times.

So when I hopped on over to Riding the Roller Coaster, I thought it was funny that her top ten list was "Top Ten Reasons I Love My Husband". Okay, that's not the funny part. The funny part is that she chalks up her mushiness to the fact that her tenth wedding anniversarry is this week, and her husband isn't here to share it with her. I'm not sure if it makes me happy to hear I'm not going through it alone, or sad that even after ten years, the same thing will probably be happening to me. Regardless, Happy anniversary to that wonderful couple!! And here's my list.

Why I Love Ya Baby!
10- At any given moment he can quote one stand-up comedian or another, word for word, even when it's least appropriate.
9- He can sense when something isn't right, and won't let me go on until he knows what it is and tries to fix it.
8- He is a proud member of the U.S. Navy and sacrifices much  to do what he actually loves- serving his country.
7- Though his methods may be off sometimes, he is still insanely encouraging to anything I want to do. Or things I don't want to do, like homework.
6- He is great with children.
5- He puts family above all else.
4- He loves that I play cook every meal and clean up ever mess- but he never stops thanking me or showing me his appreciation.
3. Some intuition of his allows him to always say the right thing at the right time- even if I'm having a bad day, I will probably receive and email that says "Smile, it makes your butt tingle".
2. He simply holds my whole heart.
1. He is nothing but himself. Himself happens to be a loving, passionate, hard working, thoughtful man with a very handsom inside and out.

6 comments:

  1. Great list! And happy 1st anniversary! No, the missed moments never seem to end, even after 10 years, but you get used to it and learn to postpone those events and celebrate when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This deployment he'll miss both our birthdays, Thanksgiving, and the anniversarry. All I have to say is thank God for friends, friends I am sure will be there still in ten years, when I need them for this all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha it's literally what he says EVERY time i'm upset. And it ALWAYS works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. Happy anniversary. MY SIL is deployed and will miss his birthday (yesterday), my dd's birthday, and their first anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coolmom- I think it's wonderful that you actually care. My parents were nearly as distraught as I was when Hubbers deployed and it really amazes me the love that in-laws can grow for eachother. Tell her she is not alone! That's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete