Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting it together

Well I'm still less than a week into this deployment, and while I wouldn't say it's kicking my ass in any way, I'm not sure I'm kicking its', either. Of course sending my husband away for a very lengthy time (could be longer, but that doesn't make 7 months insignificant) comes with a feeling that no one could have ever described. I held strong the first day, and even most of the second. About halfway through, little stuff started happening. It's so silly. But our neighbors have been on vacation for weeks, and they finally came home. Our little puppy Bailey finally got brave enough to go all the way up the stairs to our apartment. The people with an adjacent balcony to ours finally cleaned all the ucky trash out of their balcony. It's little stuff that I would turn around and tell Mike, or add it to my mental list to tell him when he got home from work. Sure, I could email him, but I dont' feel right emailing him ten million insignificant things a day that make me miss him. How would that help?

So so far this week I've been working on getting things together. Doing the last of his leftover laundry, cleaning the house, I even rearranged the bedroom. I've started going to the gym and I'm working on my final projects for school. I'm keeping busy but it still seems like I can't get it together. I feel like I don't have much control over anything.

So since there are so many milspouses out there, I'm asking- when your loved one deployed, what did you do to get it together?

1 comment:

  1. See now i'm not much help in a way because I went back home. But then again that's also where I went wrong ha. Now we had no dogs and I wasn't working either so I was able to focus more on ME rather than other stuff like making sure to feed the pups or watching serenity. I know you will figure it out soon. It really just takes time.

    ReplyDelete