Monday, May 3, 2010

Where we love is our home. Home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes



Well people, it is getting near that dreaded time. The "D" word, she comes. Deployment. Sadness. I was doing fine with the whole thing, until Hubbers realized it himself on the way home from the store one day this weekend. I was completely okay within myself, until I could hear the little nerve in his voice when he told me he wasn't quite ready yet. As much as I have tried, I have not been able to get the thought out of my mind.

Instead, I have been trying to think of the positive things. So here is a pick-me-up list of things I want to accomplish while Hubbers is away.

  • Get in shape; start going to the gym at least three times a week and taking the dogs for walks.
  • Get both of our girls fixed
  • Training the dogs so that they are as well-behaved as Molly and Ellie (whom may stray at times but still put our pups to shame!)
  • Decorate the spare bedroom
  • Find a way to hide the cable dragging around our floorboards
  • Finish all three of my scrapbooks up to date
  • Go home for a few weeks
  • Visit a friend a few hours north of us
  • Start cooking and baking again
  • Find a more space friendly way to arrange the bedroom
  • Become an intense student
  • Read more books

That's all I've got so far, but I think it's a good start. I need support but I know I can make it, so all I ask is that everyone pray or put in your thoughts for Hubbers to have a safe journey, and for he and is fellow sailors all to return home at the end of the year just as good as new. <3

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I got a good laugh out of the molly and ellie one!!! haha. They must have been good while you were feeding them or something ha.
    Thinking positive about things you want to do while he is gone is the best way to think. You're doing great girly! I'll keep you busy :) and if Nicole really does move down here then we'll have lots of fun little day trips to do while we're (praying I find a job!) not working.

    ReplyDelete