Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Three posts in one day, wowza!

This could be the beginning of a beautiful blogging relationship, people. I'm excited. :]

So Christina, over at Married to a Sailor is having a contest for Military Spouse bloggers. As I am closer to experiencing my first deployment, I have discovered that there is a warmth in MilSpouse blogging that is a little unique and a lot comforting. So I'm going to enter, not to win, because I'm entirely new at this, but because blogging has already become a wonderful outlet for the trials coming my way.

This is what being a military spouse means to me.

  • From day one, never even considering not following my man across the country, or even the world, just to be close to him.
  • Of course, developing a very strong appreciation for his snoring, hogging the sheets, and controlling the remote.
  • I not only married Hubbers; I married an alliance of men and women larger than imagination could dream up.
  • My life is full of countdowns, be it to something good or something I'm dreading.
  • That-in my traditionalist ways- you can usually find thread, a needle, and a broken cami button or coverall patch on the coffee table waiting to be used.
  • I assumed, going into it, that I would never actually spend my anniversarry with my husband, but that's okay, because all that matters is that I have a husband.
  • When we start our family, I can count on being a "single" mommy nearly half the time.
  • I've had to learn to cope with a different breed of pain, loss, fear, stress, and insanity that I will never completely understand, but must always be prepared to face.
  • Sometimes I speak in a language only other military spouses understand.
  • That while, in the past, I never gave military commercials combat boots a second glance, now, on a rough day, I can find something to cry about in anything camouflaged, blue and gold, or red white and blue.
  • That crying can be a sign of pride.
  • That I may spend a series of months in this bed alone, making dinner for one, servicing the truck on my own, doing all the heavy lifting, and paying all the bills, but I will never, ever, truly be without my sailor.
  • That I will never be in a situation that nobody understands.
  • Mostly, that I am the absolutely a part of community of the luckiest people in the world, blessed with the chance to share their lives with the amazing men and women that we call our husbands and wives.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have found something that works for you :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I still haven't figured out the whole making dinner for one thing yet.. I end up making enough for one person.. but have enough for that one person to have dinner for the next week!! I'm still working on that. haha.

    I'm glad you decided to join the contest! :D

    ReplyDelete